Friday, July 26, 2013

Fab Friday

Oh how I've missed this place and you friends this week!!! Hi! How are you?

This week was the Mr's last week of absolutely no work responsibility. While school doesn't actually start for a couple more weeks, next week begins meetings and conferences. So this was it. Thus my lack of presence here. We've been soaking up every second we could and enjoying the freedom and flexibility that comes with this time of year for us. While I am looking forward very much to a more "normal" routine, I don't know how long it will take me to adjust to the absolute quiet and stillness that is our home without him in it. So with that said you would imagine I would have pics to go with this weeks Fab Friday. Wrong-o. I've been totally slacking in the picture department for some reason? Weirdo for me. So without further ado...let's get on with the less-than-exciting-no-picture-highlights from the week....(if that description doesn't leave you on the edge of your seat, I'm not sure what will)

1.) You know those times where you have a list in the back of your mind of people that you would like to do something for? Like a new neighbor you've been meaning to drop by something sweet and say hello, or a friend who's going through a rough patch. Well sometimes that list gets out of control for me and I'm slapping my forehead thinking :::why haven't I done this already?::: So this afternoon I spent some baking time in the kitchen and busted out one of my favorite cookbooks by the Pioneer Woman and made her divine cinnamon rolls. And since the recipe makes 40-50 cinnamon rolls, I knocked out that mental list, gave some pans away to some friends, and even froze some. Oh and did I mention they are plate-licking-worthy?

2.) Typically this time of year for Oklahoma our weather is two things. Dry + hot. That's it. And very opposite of the tornado filled rainy season that leads us into Spring and Summer, at the end of Summer we finish it up with the threat of wild fire from all the dryness. It's feast or famine over here folks. However, in a very strange (but blessed) turn of events the last full week of July has been quite rainy and lovely-with even flood advisories. Such a merciful, unexpected gift I tell you.

3.) I'm debating following a big dream of mine. It's big. And scary. I don't do scary well. Unless you count the encounter in the mirror first thing in the morning pre-coffee and make-up. When I was younger and fresh out of high school I was much more brave and a dreamer and was bound and determined to chase this dream. Sadly it didn't happen. I was so crushed that I decided to close that part of my heart and mind forever and never visit it again so that I didn't have to face that devastation of not achieving those goals ever again. But God is doing something in my heart, that door is slowly opening again and that dream is still very much alive and well. While it feels realistically impossible I am slowly testing the waters to see if there's any way at all. If you think of it say a prayer for me please as I seek God's will and direction on this scary and unknown path.

4.) Today I saw an advertisement for an upcoming pumpkin scented line of candles and I got so giddy for Fall I caught myself literally grinning. Time to fire up the "Fall" pinterest boards. I'm a total sucker for all things Pumpkin.


Linking up with: Anne, Kerry, Alissa.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in Oklahoma too, and you are so right. It has been beautiful!!

    I'd like to make those cinnamon rolls! Where's the recipe? :)

    Fall - my favorite too! And your dream, get it girl! Whatever it is, I'm already excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweet Oklahoma friend!! The recipe is from the Pioneer Woman's first cookbook, but I found it on her website here....http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/cinammon_rolls_/. By the way, I completely recommend making these asap!!!! I may or may not have licked the pan. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete