Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tasty Tuesday-Quick & Healthy Personal Pizzas

This week we are in Vacation Bible School around here and the Mr. is in crazy study mode for a very big important test this weekend, which means schedules are crazy and energy is low. I am determined to keep it as healthy as possible this week even in the midst of the chaos. As soon as I got done at the gym tonight I was so tempted to pick up something on the way home for dinner. But I remembered this easy as can be recipe and drove straight home. (Yay for little victories!!!)

These pizzas are so delicious, simple and fun. You can top it with anything you can imagine or let the kids create their own with faces out of mini pepperoni's. Paired with a big green salad it's one of our favorite, fast, healthy (but still so yummy) dinners. I hope you love it too!!!


This particular night I kept it basic with just a cheese topping, but I also love Canadian bacon slices and green pepper. So you'll need pita bread (mine is found in the deli section of my grocery store), a jar of pizza sauce (this one is my personal favorite that I always have on hand-I would really love to find a homemade recipe though) and 2% shredded mozzarella.


Does this even require a pictorial description today? I don't think so-fast and easy. Place these on an ungreased baking sheet and pop them into a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and delicious.


Also, if you can't find the pita bread in your local grocery stores, I also use reduced fat refrigerated crescent roll dough. I just use a rectangle of it and lay it out on a greased baking sheet, building the pizza you want, then baking as the package instructs. I use this in a pinch when I don't have pita bread on hand and they are wonderful also!!

Printable version found here!

Linking up with Emily, Mandy, Nikki, Darlene, Jacinda, Ashley, Cynthia, Ali, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Karyn, Melissa, The Recipe Critic, Make Bake & Create

4 comments:

  1. I love quick and simple! This will be perfect for those busy nights!
    Sara Howe

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE doing pizza like this! It's perfect when I just can't do one more thing that night! lol Thanks for linking up at this weeks Make Bake Create party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy and easy! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thanks so much for linking up your dinner idea at Make Bake Create! I have a weekly Homemaking Party that I'd love to have you join, if you'd like! It starts over every Thursday.

    Here's the link for this week's party: http://www.hopeineveryseason.com/2013/07/our-library-day-and-homemaking-party.html

    Have a great night!
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete