Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tasty Tuesday Turkey Taco's

I love cooking with ground turkey breast when I can. It really is a lot healthier and not much different than the typical ground beef we generally reach for. So last week when it was on sale at the grocery store I loaded up and started experimenting. This was by FAR the best ground turkey recipe I've made up haphazardly ever! Mr. was so excited and requested it for leftovers a few times and has already asked for me to make it again. This is not only one of the most delicious dishes we've had in awhile, but it's also one of the most versatile! We had this yummy mixture wrapped up in tortillas for tacos, on top of chips for nachos, and on a bed of lettuce for taco salad! And it was delicious every way we spun it. Next time I'd love to try it on baked potatoes and pair it with a tortilla soup!

Here's what you need!

Ground turkey breast (Or ground beef)
1 medium size onion
Taco seasoning
Extra virgin olive oil
1 can of black beans
1 can of whole kernel corn
Garlic powder
1 small tomato sauce

(Please disregard the red pepper in the picture-I was just grabbing things that I wanted to try to mix in there and once I cut into the pepper it was bad! But I actually liked it better without it!!)

Start by chopping up the onion and sautéing them in a little olive oil for about 5-10 mins.

Once they start to get translucent add the turkey.

After it's thoroughly cooked and there's no more pink add the taco seasoning (I added about half the packet), some garlic powder to season, and the tomato sauce.

Let this simmer for a few minutes and then add your drained corn and beans.

Let this go on the stove for a little bit until everything is nice and heated up!

Then serve it up!

Oh I almost forgot! I also heated this up for lunch and used the leftovers in lettuce wraps. So so delicious!

Enjoy friends!!
Printable version found here!


Linking up with Emily, Mandy, Chef in Training, and Darlene.

No comments:

Post a Comment